Saturday, July 2, 2016

Day 6: Fantastic day! Most miles I've ever ridden!

Today I rode from Bandon, Oregon to Gold Beach, Oregon for a total of 60.8 miles.

Here is (insert bike name here) posing in front of a fish made from trash volunteers picked up along the beach

That reminds me!  Monday I will be revealing the winning bike name, so get in there and vote! Have your friends, family, and whoever else vote!

Today's ride started out with some fairly dense fog, which was actually kind of nice because it kept the temperature down for a little longer.  The first 30 miles of my ride was mostly inland and I didn't even see the ocean.  What I did see were a lot of trees and this wood carving business pictured below. There were actually some really well carved pieces of art.  Someone is very skilled and creative with a chainsaw.


I finally got back on the coast where I could see the ocean at Port Orford Oregon.  Below is a picture of the AMAZING view from near downtown.  The ride from here all the way to Gold Beach, where I am now, is some of the most beautiful views of the ocean I've ever seen in my life.  I've never been to Hawaii, so I can't compare it to that, but the last 30 miles I rode today was so gorgeous that I thought to myself "If it stay this beautiful and I feel this good why would I ever stop?  South America here I come!"  HAHA!  It was amazing though!

Another amazing view along the way
 Here's you know who resting after climbing a hill with me. We had a great day!

Below is the map of my ride for today.  As you can see there were quite a few challenging hills to tackle.  We beat each and every one of them!  Actually the hills today didn't seem that bad because I am feeling a lot better today and once we got to where we could view the ocean again I felt recharged and ready to GO GO GO!


This is a holiday weekend and there have been a ton of travelers on the roads.  Whoever is reading this please drive safe, ride safe, have a great 4th of July celebration, be safe with fireworks, and have FUN FUN FUN!!!

Oh yeah it looks like I'll be crossing into California tomorrow!  More to come soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment