Monday, July 25, 2016

Day 29: Carpinteria to Leo Carrillo State Park. 50.2 miles



The map below shows our ride today, but what I really want to point out is the elevation graph on the bottom.  No big hills!  Even that little one at the beginning of the day is really small compared to a week ago when the hills were huge and up and we were going up and down all day.


Last nights campground was decent, but I have decided I don't care much for camping in the California campgrounds.  There are ants and weird spiders everywhere down here.  I woke up this morning with a trail of ants using part of my tent as their main highway to get to their nest!  I packed up this morning and got out of there as icky as possible.

Hank and I headed down the road toward the next campground with somewhat of a headwind.  We kept waiting for it to turn into a tailwind, but it never did.  So the day got kind of long and it was very hot even though we were right along the ocean most of the way.  We did stop and take a couple pictures along the way.  Hank sure loved this awesome bike path right along the ocean:




When we got to the Leo Carrillo campground I honestly wasn't looking forward to setting up cam again.  I think I have gotten to a point where I'm kind of sick of camping.  I have been doing this for a month so I guess at some point I would get tired of it.  The riding is a blast still, the camping not so much.  I think since the raccoons tore my tent open I haven't been as comfortable at night.  I can push through it and finish the trip, but it will sure be nice to be home in my own bed and not have to set up a tent and take it down everyday.  I only have a few more nights of camping before the journey is over, so no worries I'll make it work.

I can't believe I am so close to achieving this goal!  I'm planning on getting to San Diego on Friday, and then riding on Saturday from my sister's to the Mexican Border!  WOW!




No comments:

Post a Comment