Thursday, July 14, 2016

Day 18: Samuel P. Taylor State Park to Daly City. 41.5 miles

Hello from San Francisco third graders, families, and friends!  What a ride today!  started sunny and hot, ended foggy and cold.






















You can see that for the most part the ride today was fairly easy with no big hills.  That was nice!  Hank and I started out the day in the sun.  It got up to around 80 before noon and continued to get hot until we reached the Golden Gate Bridge.  We could see the fog from many miles away, but I didn't realize it was going to be so thick and dark.  It was like riding through a cloud!  It was super windy too.  I bet it was blowing 30 miles per hour at least.  The bridge was filled with hundreds and hundreds of tourists on rented bicycles.  Some of them didn't seem like they have ever ridden a bike before the way they were weaving all over the place.  I even saw one guy riding a bike, taking a selfie, and drinking a coffee!  He was doing this all while weaving in and out of all the other tourists and the local people who run and walk the bridge.  Not to mention he is 220 feet above the water!  I was too busy concentrating on keeping Hank focused to take selfies and stuff.  Hank was really excited to be crossing such a huge bridge.  He didn't even know that off in the distance was the city of San Francisco.  If it would have been a clear day we would have had way more pictures to put on our blog tonight.  I took the one below I took right when we first got on the bridge.  To the left of the bridge on a clear day you would see the city.
Also, on a clear day you would be able to see the top of the two towers that are 746 feet tall.  Today you get to see them disappear into the fog.  It was still very pretty!

After we got over the bridge I had a riding buddy take a picture of me with the bridge in the background.  Oh that reminds me!  My riding buddy today is the guy that rides the bike I wrote about last night that Hank is friends with.  The one that I thought had no name.  It turns out the bike below is named Montague:





Tonight and tomorrow night Hank and I will be resting in a hotel.  I will be exploring the city tomorrow while he rests.  I am hoping the fog goes away so I can take some good pictures of the city to show you.  If not I will share some foggy pictures of the city.  Either way stay tuned!

Thanks for following!  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment