Saturday, July 30, 2016

Day 34: San Diego to the Mexican Border. 19.4 miles

Today Hank and I completed our goal!  We rode from my sister's apartment in San Diego to the Mexican Border.  It was pretty incredible to be riding along and see Mexico up ahead.  For 34 days we rode toward this place that we weren't really sure what it would look like or what it would feel like and all of a sudden there it was.  It was fairly emotional.

 The picture of Hank turned out dark, but he is still looking good!
The Mexican flag in the background is in Mexico and I am standing in the United States

For all of my third grade readers I hope this journey of mine shows you that if someone sets their heart and mind toward reaching a goal it can be done.  Don't ever give up on your goals.  You will run into things along the way that will make it seem impossible to reach your goal, but you have to keep going no matter what.  On this bike trip all I had to do was just keep pedaling no matter what.  So that's what I did.  If I was having a bad day, not feeling well, riding into the wind all day, getting flat tires, or whatever else, I just had to keep pedaling to reach my goal.  Whatever it is you do just keep doing it, and do your best, and you will reach your goal.  It's up to you to make it happen!

Today I went and got the box that Hank has to ride in on the train.  He wasn't very happy about being taken apart a little bit and stuffed in there, but he will be OK.
So Hank is relaxing, I am relaxing, and on Monday we will get on a train to take us home. The train ride is 36 hours, so I will blog about the train ride and some other words of wisdom.

Time for rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment