Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Day 17: Bodega Beach State Park to Samuel P. Taylor State Park. 45 miles.






Today’s ride:



Starting today Hank and I thought we were going to have a fairly easy day.  It was easier than yesterday for sure.  Less miles and less hills, but if you know me and my strong dislike for hot weather (read blog day 1) you know that hot weather can change my day. 

Today was kind of weird riding.  For the 16 days prior to today I was in the forest or riding the highway along the ocean.  Both places the weather has been very cool.  Today I felt like we were transported to eastern Washington or eastern Oregon.  The picture below is what we saw all day today, and it was 90 degrees!!

One of the reasons the landscape has changed, and the temperature, is because we are headed inland toward San Francisco.  As of right now we are only a little over 30 miles from the Golden Gate Bridge!  Tomorrow we will be crossing it!  Hank and I are super excited! We will be staying two nights in San Francisco with a full day of play on Friday, and of course, plenty of rest. 

Hank wanted me to share pictures of a couple friends he has made along the way.  The first one is Carlos.  He is a tandem bike being ridden by a very cool couple from Forest Grove, which is near Portland.  The second picture is another one of Hank’s friends, but unfortunately this friend doesn’t have a name.  This make Hank sad, but I tried to explain to him that not everyone has a close relationship with their bike.  Hank has met lots of friends so far this week but I haven’t gotten pictures of all of them.  I will be better about that for the rest of the trip.  The other night I woke up in the middle of the night and Hank and Carlos were having a deep conversation about how much they love flying down hills at top speed!  It makes me so happy that we are both making friends!







Tomorrow's blog will have San Francisco pictures!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment