Sunday, July 31, 2016

Day 35: SUPER TIRED!

Hank spent the day packed up in his box ready for the train ride home tomorrow morning.  He will be in there for a few days.  I'm betting he will be a little crabby when I pull him out.  My sister and I went to breakfast this morning, but I was so tired that I had to come back and take a nap afterward.  I think my mind and body are starting to come down from the month long ride.  After my nap we went to see my cousins who live about a half an hour away.  It was really nice to see them but I felt like I wasn't really myself because I was so tired.  On the way back we had to stop at a Home Depot to rent a hand truck/dolly to roll Hank to the train station in the morning.  His box is 6 feet long and 3 1/2 feet tall!  It's huge!  Once I check him in at the train station I won't have to carry him or get to see him again until we get to the Amtrak station in Vancouver.  That will be weird!  He hasn't left my side in over a month!  Who will I talk to on the train?!  I told him that I might let him write a blog when we get back so he can tell you all about his ride in the box on the train for 36 hours and whatever else is on his mind.  I'm sure he will be quite chatty once he gets out of there!

The rest of my day/night here is going to be eating and sleeping.  I know that doesn't sound too exciting for my last night in San Diego, but that's all I have the energy for.  Besides, we have to get up at 5 am to catch the train by 6 am!  I didn't want to have to set my alarm at all on this trip but it looks like I'll need to after all.

Take care blog readers!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. Duggins. Great work! Boy that seemed like a hard trip, but you did it! I can't wait until next year. Well see ya. :) -Malcolm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Malcolm! I have missed you! IT was a hard trip in some ways, but I did it! I expected there to be some hard days and some challenges. Things like that make us work harder and learn more. That's important stuff. Never give up on your goals and dreams! Come and see me when school gets going. I'd like to hear about your summer.
      Take care Malcolm!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see you and bet michaela would had driven you crazy!!on that long ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the Tornado Twins!! You both have to come in and see me when school starts! I hope you are having a great summer!

      Delete