Saturday, April 30, 2016

15 meditative miles

Another beautiful day for a ride!  I am really getting into the feeling I get when I ride.  I focus on a very calm rhythmic breathing pattern right from the start.  I find after about 5 miles I settle into a very relaxing cadence that becomes very meditative after about 10 miles.  There are rides when my brain takes a little longer to detach from the worries of everyday life, but for the most part it just happens on its own.  I only rode 15 miles today.  I plan to ride again tomorrow, roughly 18-20.  Still taking it slow so I don't start with any strained muscles or anything.

I went to REI again today.  It seems like I go there every weekend lately.  I got the correct size fenders for my bike this time.  I had bought a pair from Amazon but had to return them.  I have returned more gear than I have kept.  lol  I also got a larger stainless cook pot and a rear view mirror. I want to be able to see what is coming up from behind when I'm riding.  Today a guy in a truck got a little close.  I'm sure that will happen from time to time.

RIDE RIDE RIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment