Wednesday, April 13, 2016

15 miles today

After work today I went for a 15 mile ride.  It was a beautiful day!  On my way back I noticed some dark clouds off in the distance.  Rain was coming, so my timing was perfect.

I tried out my new saddle today, but I didn't get the new computer mounted, so I haven't tried that yet. The new saddle seemed to be helpful but my butt was still hurting around ten miles into my ride.  I am wondering if that is something that I will just have to get used to or if there is something I need to adjust on my bike.  I will be checking into that for sure considering I will be riding about three times as far.  Does that mean my butt will hurt three times as much after 45 miles?  I sure hope not!

While I was riding today I found myself thinking about nothing but riding related things, which is nice.  It seems to be a great way to clear my mind.  I just focus on breathing and constant pedaling. The route I went today had some nice hills.  I found that the hills were a nice challenge.  I like a challenge when I can see the goal.  I could see the top off the hills and it motivated me to pedal faster to get to the top.

I think I will learn a lot about myself on this summer's tour.  I believe it is always a good thing for a person to learn more about themselves whenever they can.    

No comments:

Post a Comment