Monday, April 4, 2016

Bike picture

It's Monday of SPRING BREAK!  Remember that feeling when you were a kid right before vacation when you were so excited to enjoy a week off from school?  I get to feel that feeling as an adult!  I love being a teacher!

Yesterday I did more planning for the journey.  I bought more supplies and gear and went on a test ride.  Below is the bike as it was when I bought it.  It is a Novara Safari originally bought from REI for $1199.  I got a great deal for $400!  The guy that bought it a year ago only road it a dozen times before hurting his knee and parking it in his garage.  He told me he always thought he would get back on it but never did.  So basically I got a brand new bike for 75% off!

I will post more pictures as I go that will show the gear I add to it that will allow me to carry everything I need to travel and live off my bike for my journey.  As of now it's just stock like it just came off the REI floor.

More to come soon!  I am learning as I go.  Did I mention I've never done this before?  Yeah so there is a lot to learn.  Always learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment