Saturday, May 21, 2016

Misty mountain morning ride

Got up this morning and planned out a 15 mile ride out to Battle Ground Lake State Park.  I ended up missing a turn and didn't realize I was off my route until I finally stopped and checked Google Maps. Thank you technology otherwise I might still be riding around in the hills east of Battle Ground!  It ended up being a little over 19 miles with some fairly steep climbs.  The steepest of which was an 11% grade!  My steepest until today was 7%, so that was fun to get to the top of.  I saw a lot of beautiful countryside and got to think about what it will be like riding this summer.  One thing that will be different than today will certainly be the weather.  When I got up into the hills today I was pretty much in the clouds and getting wet.  I'm pretty sure late June and July will be quite a bit warmer and drier.  I haven't blogged in quite a while.  I just didn't think I should blog everything, but while I was riding today I thought otherwise.  I think it would be better if I did blog more regularly as I prepare for this summer's ride.  So I'll try to do that. I tried out a new app today that tracks and maps my rides.  There is a link below.  I plan to post my daily rides while on tour.

On the map on the link below you will see a point marked with a number 10, that's where I realized I was off my route and turned around.  Also the Ride With GPS map will allow you to push play in the lower right hand corner and follow my ride.  It will slow down when I am going slow climbing a hill, speed up when I'm going down a hill, and even stop while I stop to figure out I'm lost.  lol


https://ridewithgps.com/trips/9066240

No comments:

Post a Comment