Sunday, April 3, 2016

First post!

My original plan for this summer's Fantastic Journey was going to be to hike the 505 miles of the Washington section of the Pacific Crest Trail.  Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail is something I have always dreamed of doing and someday I will do it.  A couple of weeks ago I was looking around on Craigslist for hiking gear when I stumbled across a listing for a bike I used to own in 2011.  It wasn't the same exact bike, but it was a newer version and almost identical.  When I bought the bike back in 2011 my plan was to do some bike touring around Washington State.  I went to bed that night thinking more about the bike than the hike that I was originally planning.  When I got to school the next day I found myself thinking more about the bike.  I took it as a sign that I needed to go on a bike trip this summer rather than a hike.  I emailed the guy who was selling the bike and before I knew it I was driving up to Olympia to buy the bike.

It is funny how things happen in life.  I bought a bike five years ago with a plan to tour Washington and for many reasons it didn't work out at that time.  But in my mind I always had a goal to do this. So here I am five years later with he same bike and the opportunity to try again.  This is a lesson...never give up on your dreams!  It may take a few tries before you get there, but if you keep at it you will reach your goals.  You can make your dreams a reality!

Yesterday when I started this blog I was planning on using it mainly to share with my third graders, but today I decided to share it with anyone and everyone.  I have chosen a different website for sharing with my third graders that will be safer for them.

Anyway, I have never had a blog that I actually kept up with for more than a few days, but I am hoping this one will be a good way to document what I think will be a really great adventure and a HUGE learning experience.  I basically have no idea what I am doing and will be learning along the way.  Isn't that how we do everything though?

No comments:

Post a Comment