Sunday, April 10, 2016

What a beautiful day for a ride!

I just got home from a really nice ride!  I went out on a loop that turned out to be 14 miles.  It was relatively flat with only a few short hills.  Nothing like the hill on the way to school yesterday!  I found out that hill is a 7.2% grade over 1/4 of a mile!  That is super steep!  I am a little sore from riding up that hill yesterday, but today's ride loosened me right up.  The other difference with today's ride is that it was non-stop.  Yesterday I rode to the school and did some work for a couple hours, and then rode home.  Today I rode the 14 miles straight through in just a couple minutes over one hour.  It felt great and, again, I felt like I could have kept going.

When I am riding I am really focusing on my breathing.  It is almost like a meditation after a while.  I do the same thing when I run and I find that I can run farther and feel better about it overall.

Zen and the art of bicycle riding?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment