Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Canada to Mexico day 10

Well kiddos I finally got back on the road today after 4 days off due to the heat wave. It was a relatively short day. 
Tonight in camp a raccoon walked right up to me! He was only about 6 feet away. That means at night raccoons will be roaming around the campground looking for food. Those of you who know my past experiences with raccoons know that they aren't my favorite animals. 5 years ago in Monterrey a raccoon tore into my tent in the middle of the night and stole my food. It was scary! So this time I hung my food bag in a tree. That should help. 
It is 45 degrees cooler than it was yesterday, so that is really nice. Tomorrow I have my last day of riding in Washington. 48 miles to my first campground in Oregon. I love the Oregon state parks. They are so clean and nice. 

More to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment