Sunday, June 6, 2021

Only 2 weeks until my next big trip!

Hello friends, family, and students!

For those of you haven't been following me on Facebook, Tiktok, and Instagram I am here to tell you that in two weeks I am starting a bigger trip than the one I did five years ago. This time I am cycling from the Canadian Border all the way down the coast to the Mexican Border! Over 1,700 miles! I am raising money for suicide prevention. My goal is $30,000 and I have already raised over $6,000. Preparing, planning, and training has already been a really great experience and I can't wait to get the journey started. 



One of the things I have been doing this time that I didn't do five years ago is training. Those of you who know my story from back then is that I didn't do any training last time and I paid for it with two weeks of serious soreness. This time I have been training A LOT. Below are some of my rides lately.





Training has been fun! Also, since I have done a long bike tour in the past, I was able to change some things that just didn't work well for me last time. Remember when I got back last time and ended up with tendon damage in my left foot so bad I had to wear a stabilizing boot for nearly 3 months? Yeah that was no fun! Well I figured our that it was due to the cycling shoes I was using. I didn't realize before that cycling shoes are only meant to be used for a few hours at a time. I was using them all day everyday for 35 days! That caused some problems. This time I am using "flat pedals" and regular shoes. The flat pedals I am using are meant for mountain bikes, but have been working great while training and I love them! 

I also covered "Hank the Tank" in stickers! He looks so cool!

There are many new things I have purchased to make this next tour as comfortable and fun as possible. I even bought a GoPro and have been shooting some really fun videos. I will shoot more along the way and share them on here.


Below are a couple links to help you find my Facebook page and my charity GoFundMe page if you are interested. It is going to be a great summer! I hope you enjoy following me on my adventure!

Facebook:

Charity GoFundMe:














No comments:

Post a Comment