Friday, June 18, 2021

I'm leaving town for the summer!

 Good morning 3rd graders (4th graders now)!

Today I leave town to head toward the Canadian border to start my ride. To say I am not at least a little nervous would be a lie. I think a little bit of nervousness before starting a 50 day journey like this is normal. Sometimes being nervous about things that are outside of our comfort zone is OK. You just have to accept that this is normal and it will be OK. 

As I sit here typing this I am still not completely loaded up and ready to hit the road. I have to get my food for the first week packed up and put into the panniers. In case you forgot, panniers is another name for the bags that hang on my bike (Hank the Tank) and allow me to carry everything I need to eat, sleep, cook, ride, basically everything.

Now that I am actually starting this journey to the Canadian border and then riding all the way to the Mexican border I will start posting on here daily. There might be days when I don't have WiFi or no cell service to upload the blog, but for the most part this is the start of daily updates for you.

I hope you all have a great summer and you enjoy following me as I prove to you that you can do anything you set your heart and mind to doing. 

I will miss you all this summer,

Mr. Duggins

No comments:

Post a Comment