Sunday, June 20, 2021

Canada to Mexico Day 1

 Hello students,


I have to tell you about my incredible day! Today was the first day of riding for this summer’s big trip. I started at the Canadian border and rode 48 miles today. I am typing this right now in my tent. It was a beautiful day for riding. It was in the upper 70s and sunny. I actually got a little bit of a sunburn. I need to be better about putting on sunscreen. Below is a picture of the Peace Arch at the border. It is so pretty! That is where I started my ride this morning.


Here’s a cool story from today. I was riding along and looked down to see a cell phone on the ground. I stopped and picked it up thinking I could find the owner somehow and give it back to them. As I was riding along it started ringing! I stopped and answered it. It was the owner of the phone calling from a different phone. She was so thankful that I picked it up and was honest. Always be honest kids! It pays off! Anyway, I met her down the road and she gave me $20 for finding her phone! That was cool! She also said she would get on my charity GoFundMe page and donate. So that was really cool! Below is my day 1 map with mileage and everything. It was a good start for sure! I only have about 1,700 more miles to go! HAHA!





Hank the Tank is helping me dry some clothes





Time for rest. More to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment