Thursday, June 24, 2021

Canada to Mexico Day 5

Hello kiddos!

WOW! That was a fast ride! I got up at 5 AM to try to beat the heat. I sure did beat the heat. I got to Montesano before the fog even burned off. It was so nice to not have to put on sunscreen today. I had a run-in with a staple, pictured below. It was really strange though because it didn't give me a flat. I pulled it out and headed down the road. As I was riding along closer to Montesano I ran into a life-long friend of mine. It was so nice to see him.



Look closely and you can see a staple sticking out of Hank's tire! I got lucky though. When I pulled it out no air came out, so I didn't have to change a flat. Lucky!


I was riding along and my friend who I have known most of my life pulls up in his Jeep! It was so cool. We ended up having lunch together later in the day.


Tomorrow a crazy heat wave is moving in, so I will be taking a day or two off from riding. I am trying to work out a new plan to get through the heat and to the beach as soon as possible. I will keep you all updated. 

More to come in the coming days!






No comments:

Post a Comment