Saturday, June 26, 2021

Ooops! Where was day 6? Here's 7

Hello kiddos!

I took yesterday off from riding as planned, but I also have to take today and tomorrow off due to this crazy heat wave. It was 105 degrees here in Montesano today. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 110 and Monday it is supposed to be over 100 degrees too. I can't ride in heat like that. It is very dangerous. So I have been resting and repacking to get rid of some of the things I packed that I don't really need. Like cold weather clothes and rain gear...obviously! HAHA! The less weight I carry the faster I can go and the easier the hills will be. Below are the stats from the first five days of my ride. I'm really happy with what I have done so far. I am especially happy that I'm not sore at all. The training I did really helped! 


Yesterday I had some business cards made with all of my contact information. That way it is easier for me to communicate with people about the charity i am riding for and easier for them to find me on social media so they can follow me and donate if they choose to. I have already handed out close to 30 cards. I had 250 of them made. I bet I give out all of them before I even get to the border in mid-August. It has been really rewarding so far. The heat wave has really slowed me down, but I will get back on the road soon and get back into a groove. 

I hope you are all enjoying your summer vacation!

I will be sure to post more soon. Once I'm back on the roads I will try to post everyday again.

Take care!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment