Sunday, June 26, 2016

TOMORROW IS DAY ONE!!!

I am super excited!  Tomorrow is the first day of my journey!

Before I get into my plan for tomorrow I want to let you know if you comment on one of my blogs it won't post your comment right away.  I have the comments set to let me read any comments before they get posted.  This is to protect my 3rd graders from anything weird that could pop up.  I love my 3rd graders!

So tomorrow is a BIG day in my life!  I have been planning and preparing for this journey for quite a while and tomorrow I get to actually go out and get started.  After yesterday's ride and overnight camping I figured out a few pieces of gear I won't need to take with me.  Tonight I repacked everything and was able to eliminate 9 pounds of food, gear, clothes, and other things I really don't need to pack around with me.  9 pounds is a lot considering I will be peddling all this weight up a lot of hills!  Did I really need to pack a jar of peanut butter?  HAHAHA!  I love peanut butter thought it would be a convenient snack, but I can find something just as convenient that doesn't weight over a pound.

I just realized I haven't figured out how far I'm going tomorrow and where I'm going to stay.  I need to do that and go to bed and get some rest.  I will try to blog tomorrow depending on internet access. From now on I will try to give an update everyday.

This is a very unorganized picture of my gear, but it will give you an idea of how much stuff I am taking.  Maybe when I take a rest day I will go over all my gear in a video or something.




No comments:

Post a Comment