Friday, June 17, 2016

More preparation!

I have been preparing for this ride for a couple months now.  Today I did more preparations after going to my classroom and finishing the summer cleaning.  It was weird cleaning the room and putting all the desks off to the side of the room and packing everything away for the summer.  I've never had a job/career where I had a couple months off.  It seems weird.  We can all use a break, but it'll take a little getting used to.

Today I updated my inventory list to make sure I have everything I need for the trip.  I realized there are some things I am still missing.  I will pick some of those things this weekend.  I planned what is called a "shakedown ride" for next week.  A shakedown ride is when a rider packs up everything they would take on their super long trip and goes somewhere nearby to make sure they have everything they need.  I planned a ride to a camp ground that is roughly 33 miles away.  I'll ride there next week, camp over night, pack up the next morning and ride back home.  It should give me a good chance to make sure I have everything for biking, sleeping, cooking, eating, blogging, etc.  Tomorrow I'm going to do a little more to plan and I will probably post some pictures of my bike.  My handle bars are starting to look like the control panel for the Space Shuttle!  I have lights, my smart phone with GPS navigation, a cycling computer, a rear view mirror, and even a compass.  It's actually a lot of fun planning all of this!  I'm getting very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment