Friday, June 24, 2016

Pictures of loaded bike! 3rd graders, my bike needs a name!

Considering I'm leaving Monday I figured I'd better get some pictures of my loaded bike on here.  I ended up buying new tires yesterday.  I was learning from other riders that the tires I had weren't designed for what I plan on doing and I would probably be fixing a lot of flat tires.  Flat tires don't sound like fun to me.  I just want to ride!  Oh that reminds me...3rd graders...I learned that most bicycle tourists name their bikes.  I'm open to suggestions.  I know you are all very creative.  I can see my bike being named Vanilla Sparkle Cookie very soon.  HAHA!  You can leave a comment on this post with your ideas or email me.

Anyway here are a few pictures of my bike loaded.  I tried to equal out the weight of everything evenly among the four panniers.  After all it doesn't make sense to have 25 pounds on one side of the bike and 5 pounds on the other unless I want to be leaning to one side or riding in circles all day.  ;)

Tomorrow I am planning on going on a final shakedown ride, possibly overnight, to see if anything falls off, breaks, or whatever other weird things can happen that I'm not thinking about.  This is a huge learning experience!  To my third grade followers...TRY NEW THINGS!!!  You never know what you will like, or dislike, until you TRY NEW THINGS!!!


4 comments:

  1. Lucas says to name it Speedy😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that name! I am hoping to be speedy. :)

      Delete
  2. Since your bike is so heavy now I think you should name him Hank the Tank or just Tank. That would be so funny! The sirens you thought you heard on the bridge, were only sirens in your head from me doing them at school. From Kody please have a safe and fun trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that name Kody! I will put it in the voting! I am being safe and having the time of my life!

      Delete