Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Day 2: FANTASTIC!

Lincoln City Oregon to Waldport, Oregon. 47 miles!


What a fantastic day!  I started my day riding south out of Lincoln City Oregon.  It was a chilly 54 degrees and I was loving it!  I would rather warm up riding than be sweating like cray in 90 degree weather.  The high temperature was only around 62 all day.  Perfect riding weather! 

So here’s a funny thing that happened to me today…

I stopped at a scenic view point to rest my legs, have a snack, and look at the magnificent Oregon Coast.  This guy comes riding up on his bike and we start talking.  He tells me he has been riding about a week and started in Eastern Washington in Yakima.  I asked him which way he came over the mountains as he described his route it sounded like he went really close, if not through, Battle Ground.  Then I remembered back to last Friday when I was heading to the store I saw a guy on a fully loaded touring bike that looked a lot like this guy.  I asked him if he went through Battle Ground, he said “yes,” I said “were you wearing that same shirt and riding on some neighborhood side streets,” he said “yes!” It was the same guy!  I saw this guy last Friday in Battle Ground and here we were on the Oregon Coast talking!  How weird is that?  We ended up riding together all day.  Once we got to Waldport I was too tired to go any further for the day, but he wanted to go a little more, so we went our separate ways.  It was really nice having someone to ride with.  There are a lot of cyclists on this route.  I must have counted at least a dozen, so I am sure I will be riding with others as I go.
This is (add bike name here) and he/she is having a great day!

This picture was taken on the Newport Bridge.  It was windy, but beautiful!  


I’ve gotten a few more name ideas for my bike!  Great names so far!  I have four names now.  Once I get a couple more I will create an online poll and let all of my 3rd graders, families, friends, and whoever else is following me vote.  It might be a couple days before I get around to doing that. 

Third graders!  I hope you are all having the best summer ever so far!  I miss you all very much!


More to come soon on the fantastic journey! 




TIME FOR REST! 


2 comments:

  1. Hello Mr. Duggins! Silas thinks you should name your bike Frodo. Frodo had an amazing adventure in Lord of the Rings, and you are having an amazing adventure too! We are enjoying reading your blog. When Silas heard about "Frodo" taking a ride in a U-haul, he shouted, "cheater!" Hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea for a name Silas! He did go on an amazing adventure and so are we (me and my bike). Yes you could say I cheated a little with the whole U-Haul truck thing, but I just couldn't wait to get to the coast where it was cooler and so beautiful! I'm sure you understand. ;)

    ReplyDelete