Saturday, July 3, 2021

Oops! Yesterday was day 13 overall and day 9 riding.

Holy cow what a day! I had an interview with KOIN6 news! How does an introvert like me end up on the news?!?! Well actually it's because I have Mazey Copeland as my most valuable volunteer! She is so amazing. Not only is she shooting and editing the trailers and the documentary,  but she is also organizing things like news interviews to help me promote my charity. I couldn't do this without her. I had a great ride today. It was much shorter than yesterday but it had the second highest hill of the whole trip. Hank and I crushed it of course! I didn't get any pictures today because I was riding as fast as I could to get to where my cell signal would be strongest enough for a Zoom interview. I do have a picture of the kind of weird stuff people eat on a long distance bike tour. It's almost embarrassing, but I used a turkey pepperoni stick to spread almond butter on a tortilla! That's right folks! Sodium and calories are a must when cycling all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment