Monday, July 12, 2021

I haven't been very good at posting on here!


Not to be Debbie Downer, but I told myself I would always be honest when sharing about this journey. Today was my least favorite day so far. The main reason was the heat. I knew it was going to be really hot here today, so I got up at 6 and was on the road by 7. It was chilly for the first couple hours and felt really great. Once I got out of the Redwoods and the sun came out it got hot quick. My last 15 miles it was 95 degrees. That might not sound too bad until you consider what I'm doing, and look at my elevation map for the day. I was pretty much going up hill all day. I love hills but not when it's that hot. Since I left camp so early I got to my next camp really early too. When I arrived it was 95, I set up camp, and took a cold shower. It really helped to cool me down, but only a few minutes later I was sweating again. Just sitting there sweating. It was no fun at all. Now that the sun is going down its cooling off a little. I really look forward to getting back to the beach tomorrow where it is generally cooler. Tomorrow will be much better, after climbing the highest point on the entire route at 2,000 feet. I look forward to that actually because after the peak I get 14 miles of gradual downhill to the ocean! Awesome!

July 12
Hank looks so tiny next to this redwood stump!
Under 200 miles to San Francisco! I'm taking a couple days off there. 

Hiker biker site in the Redwoods 

No comments:

Post a Comment