Thursday, July 15, 2021

Canada to Mexico ride day 20 overall day 26

Slow start this morning, but excellent afternoon! Hank and I didn't leave the motel until 9. We stopped and had breakfast and finally got rolling around 10. But then 9 miles down the road was Mendocino, which is one of my favorite little towns on this ride. So we spent almost two hours there drinking coffee, eating carbs in all shapes and sizes, and talking to locals and tourists. It was really cool. One of the guys I talked to showed me his Sprinter van that he and his wife travel in. It was awesome. Everything in there anyone would need. I'd love to have something like that. After Mendocino we rolled down the road for a few hours with a really great tailwind. Whenever we get conditions like that we like to take advantage of it, so after 38 miles we got to what was supposed to be camp for the night. Hank wouldn't let me stop for the day! That's what I get for keeping him cooped up in a motel room for a day. He's like a wild stallion just waiting to unleash his energy in the only way he can! So we decided, actually he decided for us, that we would go another 30 miles to another campground. It would have been close to 70 miles, but we stopped short in a tiny town called Gualala. So we did 61miles. Here's where things get interesting. I pulled into town and though "I really don't feel like setting up camp and cooking. I wonder if I can find a room for the night." So I pulled into the parking lot of this really cool little motel and got on my phone to see what the options were in town. All of a sudden i hear a woman's voice say "are you Jeremy?"  I replied with "Uh yeah, but how could you possibly know that?" She said "I'm waiting for you to check in." In my head I was thinking "how is this possible? Nobody even knows I'm here. I wasn't even supposed to stop here." Then she said "you are Jeremy (some other last name)" Then we realized there was another Jeremy with reservations which she was waiting for. What are the odds? So strange! We had a laugh and then she gave me a really good deal on a really great room. So here I am in a cute little coastal town for the night and I get a comfy bed! Oh and guess what I'm about to do...EAT! That's right! Eat, sleep, ride, repeat. I hope you all had a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment