Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Canada to Mexico July 13


Today was a great ride, and super fast! If you didn't see my live check-in I climbed the highest point of the trip in only 53 minutes. Five years ago it took over two hours. Training has paid off for sure. The downhill side of that climb was 14 miles of letting gravity take me from 2,000 feet back to nearly sea level. It was awesome! I got to Fort Bragg way earlier than I expected. My motel room wasn't ready, so I went and had lunch and looked around town. Now in my room I get to relax. I am taking tomorrow off from riding. The first thing I do when I get to a motel is start charging my battery packs. I have two of them and it takes both of them to keep my phone charged and my headlight and tail light for Hank for the times that I'm camping. Well tonight my largest of the two batteries stopped charging. I've had it for 5 years so I guess I got my money's worth. The problem now is that I'm in tiny little coastal towns that don't sell anything like this. I would have to order a new one. That's no problem but I will only be here for a day and there's no time to deliver it before I leave. I'll have to figure out how to keep things charged until I get to San Francisco in a week. It'll all work out. This is part of the adventure. Time for some rest.


Update! I have since figured out the battery situation. it was a cable, not the battery. All is good now!
My first look at the ocean in three days! So nice to be back on the beach. 
Taco Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment