Thursday, July 8, 2021

Canada to Mexico Day off!

On a much needed day off I crunched some numbers. It is really relaxing and motivating to me actually. It gives me a sense of accomplishment to see what I have done so far. I'm old school and did it all on paper first, but then I plugged it into a Google spreadsheet. Geek alert! Here it is:

Washington: 7 days of riding

Days off: 4 due to heat wave

Total miles: 309

Total elevation gain: 13,104 feet

Total riding time: 23 hours 50 minutes 

Total time from point A to Point B: 40 hours 56 minutes 

Average miles per day: 44.14


Oregon: 7 days of riding

Days off: 0

Total miles: 375.1

Total elevation gain: 17,796 feet 

Total riding time: 27 hours 25 minutes 

Total time from point A to point B: 47 hours 3 minutes 

Average miles per day: 53.59


Totals overall so far, whole trip:

Miles: 684.1

Elevation gain: 30,900 feet

Riding time: 51 hours 15 minutes 

Time from point A to point B: 87 hours 59 minutes

Average miles per day: 49.37


On my days off I get groceries, do laundry, rest, eat way too much, look at ride date, plan hotels for the upcoming days off, and go over my calendar and my mapping app that I use to plan my days. Today I spent a couple hours fixing my calendar and route maps since doubling up a two day ride into one and skipping a day off in Oregon. I found that doing those two things fixed the three extra days I wasn't expecting to take off due to the heat wave. I had only planned to take one day off in Montesano, but it turned into four due to the heat. Well, now my expected arrival at the Mexican Border is back to August 7th. Only a month more to go! Haha! Almost there! I also figured out today where the halfway point will be. I may have spent too much time on this, but at exit 645 on highway 101 I will be halfway! That will be this Monday in the Redwoods. That reminds me...going through the redwoods I probably won't have much of a cell signal at all. So if I don't post it's not because Sasquatch got me...or maybe it is. LOL. 


The Oregon California border!
Yesterday's ride
The beach near my hotel
Hank the Tank hanging out in the room. 

Over the next few days after today I will be in the first part of the Redwood National Forest,  so I might not have a good enough signal to post. I will try though. 

Take care!



No comments:

Post a Comment