Saturday, May 28, 2016

28 miles!

I just completed my longest ride yet.  27.8 miles!  Yet another beautiful ride through the country roads of Clark County.  I tried out a new saddle today in hopes I could eliminate the sore butt issues I've been having.  No luck with this saddle!  I did a bunch of research and found that the Brooks leather saddles were highly recommended.  One of the problems is that they are leather and take many miles to break in and form to each rider's rear end.  Some people were saying it took a few hundred miles to break them in and others were saying they have ridden over 1,000 miles and it was still not completely broken in.  Well I rode 28 miles and it was painful after 10.  I can't imagine toughing it out for 1,000 miles!  That would be ridiculous to me.  So this saddle i going back to REI and I will try something else.

Other than the pain the saddle caused I really enjoyed the ride.  There are some beautiful country roads in Clark County.  Before I started my ride I paid for the basic subscription to the Ride With GPS app so I could take advantage of the turn by turn navigation and some other really nice features.  I am VERY happy with the turn by turn feature.  It would tell me when a turn was coming up and where to go, so, needless to say, I didn't get off track today like I did last weekend.  It's always nice to not get lost!

Below is a link to today's ride:

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/9188746?privacy_code=8WMfe7Y9gq0mUyhX

No comments:

Post a Comment