Sunday, June 25, 2017

Shelly's trip to the vet

Today Shelly has an appointment with the vet to get her yearly check-up and to get her nails trimmed. I have to convince her it's kind of like a spa day so she doesn't get nervous. I tell her "Shelly today is spa day! You'll get a manicure and a pedicure, you'll get a massage, you'll get to ride in the car with me, and maybe we'll stop and get you a treat on the way home. The truth is that she's going to the vet to get her nails trimmed. She hates it. She closes up inside her shell to hide and the vet has to try to get her to open up enough to hold onto one of her legs so she can trim her nails. Last time I took her this took over an hour because she was so closed up. Shelly stays mad at me for a few days afterward. Maybe if I painted her nails she would forgive me sooner!

The picture below was right before I took her to the "Spa." I don't think she even realized she had a piece of bark on her nose. HAHAHA!


Below is a picture of Shelly in the cooler I transport her in. She doesn't like the bumpy car ride.


This is the veterinary technician that worked with Shelly today. I told her I was blogging for my third graders and she was happy to pose with Shelly.


Shelly was not happy when the technician started clipping her nails. Shelly sealed up so tight inside her shell that we couldn't get her out for another hour and a half! We were there for two hours and only got three out of four legs out long enough to trim her nails. Shelly didn't have fun today. She is back home in her tank resting now. She might be mad at me for a few days after this. Or maybe not since she has a pea brain. HAHAHA! It's literally the size of a pea!

4 comments:

  1. She went in so tight! Lauren is next to me right know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Camille and Lauren!
      Yes Shelly got pretty upset and closed herself up in her shell really tight. She's fine now. I hope you girls are having fun! Be good! :)

      Delete
  2. Shelly was really mad at you Mr Duggins. You know.... ;)
    Marley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she still is Marley! She gave me a dirty look this morning when I fed her. ;)

      Delete