Saturday, June 24, 2017

First post for summer 2017!!

Hello Third graders!!

I have been having a really difficult time deciding what to do this summer. There are so many things I would like to do, but haven't settled on a plan. So many of you enjoyed my blog when we read it in class, and many of you wanted me to do one this summer, so here it is. Even though I am not planning on riding my bike to Mexico or taking a rocket ship to the moon I can still blog my fantastic journeys. If you'd like to read them and look at the pictures, and possibly a video from time to time, awesome! If you'd like to comment, or email me, that's awesome too! If you're too busy enjoying your summer before you become FOURTH GRADERS that's fine too!

I miss you all very much!

So my first adventure starts with a drive to Seattle for a baseball game at Safeco field. I watched the Seattle Mariners play the Houston Astros. It was a very good game! As you know I love baseball. I wish the Mariners would have been playing the New York Yankees, but I still enjoyed it.

I sat out in left field right under the big Safeco Field sign. A couple of home runs were hit my way, but I didn't get a chance to grab the ball. Remember when Max brought the ball he got from the Mariner's game? Lucky kid! I've been to hundreds of games over the years and have only gotten maybe 5 balls in all those years. Way to go Max!



My seat was in the second row right behind the Mariner's bullpen. For those of you who don't know what a bullpen is that's where the pitchers warm up. I was looking down from my second level seat right at the starting pitcher Felix Hernandez. He ended up pitching a great game.



The last picture I have is from the outside of Century Link Field where the Seattle Seahawks play football and the Seattle Sounders play soccer. I have never been inside for a game, but maybe someday.



That's all for my blog today. I need to check out of my hotel and get going. I will try to have more exciting adventures for you to read about soon. Maybe I will take that rocket ship to the moon! Maybe I'll go find Peggy the pegallamacorn!!

Miss you all and hope you're having a great summer so far!!


8 comments:

  1. I wish I was Thair that seams like fun just got back from swiming at my nabors....camille....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good game Camille! Tonight I'm at a concert in Tacoma. More to come about that later.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun I wish I could be there. I just got back from swimming at my neighbor's. It is hot today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. I went swimming today. It is so hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super hot! I don't like it when it's this hot. You're lucky you got to go swimming. I'm going to do that tomorrow when I get home.

      Delete
  4. We went to Sunriver on Wednesday and got back on Saturday. We had so much fun biking and swimming. It was hot there too. I miss you so much...I will come see you next year.
    Marissa T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear from you Marissa! So glad you are having a good time so far this summer. Swimming is a great idea in this hot weather. Here it is barely noon on Sunday and it's already 94 degrees in Hockinson! WOW! Keep in touch and YES stop by my classroom and say hello! I miss you too!

      Delete
  5. I am getting red to go to bed it was a really fun daytoday hot tho I will g-mail you tomorrow ......sleep tight. ....

    ReplyDelete